Monday, August 24, 2009

Newest Family Member

Ok..I know many of my family members aren't "puppy people" but for those of you who are and who will love us and our new puppy anyway... WE GOT A NEW PUPPY!!!

He is a Coton De Tuleur, he is hypoallergenic, non-shedding puppy. Cotons typically range from 9 to 13 inches in height and weight between 8 and 20 pounds. So he's just a little fluff ball!

We went through quite a few names and I was really having a hard time deciding what to name our new little guy... got some good suggestions from family: Xavier, Thor, Leonidias, Rocky, Napoleon, Toby, Magnus, Capone, Maximus, Dante, etc.. etc.. We really liked Charlie (which I'm still partial too), Koda, Bear, Rocky, Taz, Blaze, and Maverik....

So, we let Kristian decide...

Introducing our newest guard dog (hey, someone has to help guard the house when Jon isn't home!!) : Our new little puppy is BEAR! Still deciding whether to make it "Koda Bear" or "Charlie Bear" (since I like both Koda and Charlie so much)...but, if you ask Kristian he'll tell you his puppy's name is BEAR!!! Grrrr!!!

We have talked about getting a dog for a while, and the only way I'd agree is if we got a small dog...and since this one is non-shedding thats all the better!! He really is a sweetie and tolerates the kids well. We are still adjusting and learning how to leave the puppy alone, not carry him all over the house, etc... Bear loves his mommy and follows me around the house...he comes and cuddles in with me when he needs an escape from the kids! And, on a plus side... he is doing very well at the potty training thing...so far not a single accident in the house!! Lets just hope it stays that way!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

How fun! I'm so happy for all of you!!! Just can't wait to meet sweet little Koda Bear in person!
He will become the kid's (and maybe even Mommy's!) best friend!!
A pet can add so much joy to your life! :)

Young family said...

What a cute little fuzz ball! He is very cute and I am sure the kids love him!... our neighbors have a little dog whose name is MowTown... I think that is a cute little dog name..
But, Bear works too! :)