Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dear Middleton Family

Dear Middleton Family,

I want you to know I am so grateful for the opportunity that you gave me to take care of your amazing kids.

When I came to the States, I was excited to take care of them, but at the same time I was not sure if I would be able to do it because of my English and I did not want them to get bored if I didn't talk a lot to them. But now, I can not imagine my life without them. They are sweet and smart kids. They always are happy and they always remind me that in this life we don't have time to lose, to be sad.

Sometimes I was sad missing my family from Argentina, and then...when they came with their smiles I asked myself: What am I doing??! Just be happy like them.
They are examples for me. I learned a lot from them. They were teaching me English! I had a lot of fun and I enjoyed being with them. Thank you so much for believing in me and for the great opportunity that you gave me.

Amanda, every single time that you came, you always asked me: "How are you today?" and maybe you didn't think about this, but that was so important to me, because you wanted to know how I was, if everything was OK. Then, you were ready to leave and let me spend time with the kids.

I know Kristian and Addie were born of Godly parents and they are GREAT kids! I think an important thing that you have to know is I LOVE THEM and they were never "money" for me. They are not numbers, they just are a part of my life.

In the future, when I think about my first few months in the USA, I am going to say: Because of them I am doing this now, or I know this now. I think they did for me more that I did for them because they helped me to take my first step.

Thank you so much for each day! Thank you a lot for letting me do it and believing in me. You are a great family, I can say that I am going to miss them. A LOT!
I would love to see Kristian playing soccer (when he is five years old, of course! ha ha) or spend more time with them. I would love to know how they are, what they are doing.

My Dear Kristian and Addie, remember, I am going to love you always! If you want to play with me again let me know and maybe when I am here we can spend time together and have fun.

Thank you so much! I love you!
-- Virginia Oliphant

No comments: