Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dash For Donation


Well, I signed up for my first 5k ever! It was planned for September 18, 2010. Then one day my cute little Clinic Director at worked bounced around the office asking those who would be running in the weekend race: Dash For Donation... how could I say no?? Mind you, I haven't been exercising at all (who has the time??)

Jon said he would join me. He would run the race for himself and then come back and pick me up off the sidewalk. Instead I recruited my friend, and co-worker Amy to come with me. With kids in tow, we took in the race!!

Yep! We did it! We walk/jogged 1/2 of a 5k! Yippie! Good job me!!! Well, if nothing else I know where I stand, I'm motivated to keep going, and I'll be more prepared for the next race. I'll run a 5k on September 18, 2010 and another one in October! Look at me go!

Here is a few members from the Intermountain Transplant Team who came together to support the cause and run the 5k!

**A special SHOUT OUT to my amazing husband who ran the race in 30:08 minutes!! I'm so proud of him and I'm so glad he'd participate in this race with me. Maybe by the next 5k I'll be able to keep up with him, at least for part of it anyway!!**

1 comment:

The Anderson Family said...

Good job Amanda! Glad to hear you are doing well.