Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thank You Virginia!

We would like to introduce you to Virginia. She comes to us from Catamarca, Argentina. My good friend SueAnne's (whom I've worked with for years) oldest son Nate served his mission in Argentina. As many missionaries do, he fell in love with the country, the people, and one girl in particular. He took several trips back to Argentina and kept in contact via email, phone calls, etc, and built a relationship with this beautiful girl. It took quite a few months to get everything processed so that she could come to the United States.

She arrived here on March 26, 2010 and is here on a "fiance visa". Nate and Virginia will be getting married May 20, 2010, and plan to return to Argentina next year to be sealed in the temple so that Virginia's family can be a part of the wedding/ceremony.

Virginia is a very sweet, kind, loving individual who is very smart, focused and driven. Before coming to the States she was going to college. She is studying to be a doctor.
While growing up she often helped her mom who ran a very successful day care/preschool in Argentina. Moving to a new country is a big adjustment: a language barrier, can't work (no green card) and nothing to do during the day..... well? We have an idea!!

We have decided that Virginia will watch Kristian and Addison on the days that both Jon and I work. The kids and I went over there Sunday to meet her and to see where they would be spending a lot of their time. At first they were nervous, but the kids quickly started to warm up and when it was time to go, they didn't want to leave.

The kids spent yesterday and today with Virginia. They LOVE her!!! Day 1: I had to chase Addison down the sidewalk because she didn't want to go home.. Day 2: Kristian made the request that they get to stay there "All Day". He made it very clear that he didn't want to get shorted on his time with her.

Virginia can read/write English well, but speaking is more of a challenge. Virginia is learning quickly and will be taking English classes I believe. She will also be teaching the kids Spanish as well, which I am excited about. (I just hope I can keep up with what they'll be learning).

Virginia is adorable, and I honestly couldn't be more happy and excited that she will be taking care of the kids. Because I have had, and continue to have such a mix of emotions with all the changes in regards to work, day care, etc. I can't explain what it means to know that my kids are in good hands. My heart is full of gratitude. Its strange that I feel so strongly about a person I met only a few days ago. I honestly believe that she came into our lives at the right time and is exactly what the kids need. I am so excited to watch them learn from her, as I feel she has so much to offer!!

Virginia, all I can say is Thank You!! SueAnne, thank you for opening your home to my kids. I appreciate you, and your family, and your willingness to welcome my kids into your home.

2 comments:

Young family said...

It was great to see you this weekend! We are very glad that things are working out so well the work and daycare... Have a great week!

grandma morgan said...

We are glad things are going good. Sounds like you had a good time in Sin-City also. What a place. I love the blogs so we can stay in touch with all the kids are doing.