Saturday, March 6, 2010

Back To Work

Family and Friends:
I wanted to let you all know that I have decided to go back to work full time. It was a decision that took a lot of thought and prayers but I feel this is the best thing for me and my family.

I have been offered a job working at the new Intermountain Medical Center (IMC) in Murray, working in an Out Patient Care Clinic. Our office is a liver and kidney transplant unit. I have been hired as a "clinical assistant" and so far I understand my job as the following:

There are 7-8 doctors who have their own clinics throughout the valley, who work out of this clinic. When patients become too sick to see their regular doctors, they come to us. We evaluate them and make sure they are ready to under go a transplant. My job, as I understand it thus far, is to work with the Registered Nurses to make sure and coordinate all the tests and procedures the patient will need to ensure they are healthy enough to withstand the transplant. We take care of the patients prior to and after their transplant surgeries.

I'm very excited for this opportunity and feel like this job happened and the right time and is the right place for me. I had actually interviewed with Wells Fargo to be a personal banker, and was actually offered the job too, but this transplant job, for me, is definitely the better fit! I'm excited to learn more about what my job involves and what I'll be doing. I start my new job Monday!!! March 8th!!

I have had concerns about leaving my kids in the care of someone else, and often wondered if I'm making the right choice. There is a lot more behind this decision than many of you will ever fully understand. I see a lot of good coming from this change and knowing that I have strong kids who can withstand the changes helps me push forward. We have found a fabulous young girl to watch our kids. My co-worker and dear friend SueAnne, whom I've worked with for years, can't say enough. I'll have to give you more information on the day care situation another time. She will be moving here from Argentina the end of March. I am excited and as soon as we meet her I'll post pictures and then explain how this decision was made. :)

Thanks to all of you for your love and support in this decision to go back to work. Thanks to all of you who have helped with the kids until my permanent day care goes into affect. I most importantly want to thank my husband. Without your love and encouragement I would never have found the courage to withstand all the interviews and rejections and more importantly the acceptance of this job. You have helped me find my confidence in taking on this new adventure. I don't think I could be making this change without your love and support. Thank you Jon. I love you!!

Amanda

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Good Luck! I know that a decision like this is never easy. Please know that I will do whatever I can to help you...if/when you need it! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Young family said...

We are excited for you! It sounds like it will be a great place for you! We wish you the best of luck getting into the routine of full time work....
Now, that you will be super busy, we hope you will still find time to blog!
Love ya

Jen said...

You will be great! Good luck. Fun job!

grandma morgan said...

We're behind you! We are here to support you with anything you may need. Love you!