Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Land Before Time

Mom going back to work full time has been an adjustment for us all, and we are still learning how to adjust to the change. My goal is to make Saturday's a fun and special day for the kids. So this last Saturday we decided to take the kids to Thanksgiving Point to the Dinosaur Museum!! Wouldn't you know it...I forgot to take my camera!! I'm very frustrated with myself, but luckily I had my camera phone, so I got pictures but they are not the best quality so I apologize.

Forgive me as I talk in "Land Before Time":
This would be "Little Foot" or a "Long Neck"

"I'm a long neck too! See? .... Alright, I'm not a long neck, I'm a big-mouth! But I am all alone I am." -Ducky

We couldn't believe how big these animals were!! It was amazing to see their size... Addie was in awe too!!

Let's take a ride on the dinosaur!!



Dad, Addie and Kristian looking at "Cera".. or the triceratop! I thought this was a cute picture!!

"Sharp Tooth!" This is the 'favorite'! The T-REX!! Again, its amazing to really see just how large these animals were. What a fun experience.

They had several activities that the kids could do throughout the exhibit. They had several computer stations where the kids could click and learn more about the dinosaurs, and then they had these and other fun interactive activities:
Here they were able to pull up their sleeves and play in the sand and water. They had toy trees, toy dinosaurs, and the kids just played in the dirt and had so much fun!!

I think this was one of the most favorite parts of the day... Digging For Fossils! The kids took off their shoes and socks and got to work. They had little brushes and they were able to dig in and uncover and discover dinosaur bones!!!

Kristian got excited every time he found some new bones, and Addie? well... Addie had fun covering them back up. It was funny to watch because just as Kristian would uncover a bone, here came Addie with a handful of sand to dump over it and cover it back up. The kids had SO much fun!!

It was a fun day spent together as a family! It was something we had meant to do for a long time and I'm so glad we finally went and did it! We all had so much fun playing and learning about the dinosaurs!!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks like you had a great trip to the "Land Before Time". So fun!!

Young family said...

Looks like soooo much fun! Thanks for posting the pictures!

Kristalyne said...

how much fun! your kids are soo soo adorable! they are growing up soo soo fast!:) hope to see you guys this summer. my kiddos would love to play!:)