Saturday, December 12, 2009

Santa Sirens

Every year Santa drives around all the neighborhoods in Eagle Mountain on the fire engine throwing candy to all the kids. We knew he was coming today so we waited all day. I was afraid I wouldn't hear the engine until it was too late, so we sat and listened for a long time, and wouldn't you know it.. I still almost missed him!!
Here the kids are bundled and ready to go for when Santa came.. it was so quick and we barely made it out just as Santa passed out house.

Kristian was a little sad and frustrated.. "I wanted to tell Santa what I wanted! I wanted to tell him I want a garbage truck and a tow truck and a dig-dig!"...So we made a deal that next week we'll go see Santa and sit on his lap. Kristian was so concerned, even though we've written a letter... he wants to make sure Santa is aware of what he wants for Christmas!
"I miss Santa! I love him so much! I love Santa! We will go see Santa on Tuesday and I will sit on his lap."
I'm so excited for Christmas this year because the magic and wonder of Santa is so present in my kids and it just makes the holiday season so much more fun!! Merry Christmas to you all!

1 comment:

Young family said...

What a fun thing! I am glad you didn't miss out on the fun.
It looks like Kristian had a great birthday!