Friday, October 3, 2008

Everyone Has Fears

Ok, so I know that every person out there is afraid of something. Afraid of heights, afraid of flying, afraid of the dark... and there are people like me: afriad of spiders! The creepy little things just ... eeww!!!
So I've been telling Jon for months that we need to get our house sprayed for Spiders and bugs, but since we seeded out back yard this summer we weren't allowed to do that for a certain amount of time. I've heard many of my friends, neighbors state that they have seen Tarantulas (the biggest, scariest of those creatures) in the Eagle Mountain area. Um... Can I move??!!
Ok.. so my story isn't that scary, but its scary enough for me! Today when I got home I was unloading the car, got the mail, picked the package off the porch and as I was coming back in the garage I noticed something black crawl back in its web behind some wood in our garage! (Creepy suckers!) So I look, ever so carefully and notice that it is a HUGE Black Widow Spider! Naturally I'd make Jon kill it, but wouldn't you know it.. he's at work! Of course I have to protect my children, so I know I've got to kill it before it decides to move into my house...so I call Jon freaking out asking him what I can do (I'm crying mind you.. I'm about to challenge the thing I'm most afraid of) and I'm yelling at Jon to make an appointment to get our house sprayed!! He gives me some suggestions and I eventually calm down and put on my "Brave Face".
Of course... my mom calls to check in and I then tell her that I'm about to challenge the creepiest thing known to man and I'm afraid he's going to jump on me and attack!! (ok, so I know I'm being dramatic, but its a legitimate fear and that is really kind of how I felt...so stop laughing at me)... Deep Breath... and GO!
Yep! I killed the spider!! I was too afraid to squish it, thought about hitting it with the shovel, but what if I missed and then he lunged at me, so I found some other bug killer spray and made a nice little swimming pool as I drenched him in the spray! Its rotten little corpse is now waiting for Jon to get home so it can be properly disposed of. Even when dead I can't be anywhere near them!

Yes...it was a risky situation, and touch and go there for a minute, but sometimes, despite how much we are afraid we have to put on that "Brave Face" and conquer the most fearsome creatures ever! I'm brave and I should definitely be rewarded for my valiant efforts! I killed the spider! Yuck!
(ok..for the record, I've killed spiders before, but the little tiny ones that can't eat you!)
Ok... now I'm officially done rambling...let the jokes, and the laughing begin for all of you who think my little panic attack is a little ridiculous! Thanks!

6 comments:

Roll said...

I know that you can be a brave mommie. It is amazing what one can handle when called upon to do so. Yes, I did laugh when I read your comments.

Misty said...

Your not the only one deathly afraid of spiders I just let my brave kindergarten students kill them for me. Great example I am huh. Your blog is cute and I've been working on Katie to start one, she's thinking of doing the facebook thing.

Destini said...

I am with you I hate those things no matter how big or small they may be. i totally would have waited for Eric to get home. Way to go Super Mom!

Young family said...

Thanks for the laugh... I can just see you in tears, yelling at jon on the phone, pacing around trying to figure out what to do.
Now go stock up on the bug spray...

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

You big chicken!! I love it. Good thing back in the day I was the spider killer for you eh?
But that one totally could have jump on you and eliminated you and your two children, I am so serious ;)

masonandtara2 said...

I know exactly how you felt. I've been there. Good move on the bug spray. I never run out of that stuff.