Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Of course I didn't have my camera with me to get any pictures of this year's 4th of July festivities, but that doesn't mean we didn't have fun. Because Jon is in Paramedic school this was probably his one and only year that he wasn't required to work! YIPPIE! We got to have Daddy home with us to celebrate the 4th of July. Grandpa Tall's (Mark) birthday was on the 3rd, so to celebrate we went to dinner at yummy Texas Roadhouse, then when it was time to go, we found ourselves a nice spot to park and we put pillows and blankets in the back of Jon's truck and watched the West Jordan fireworks. The kids loved them and had a wonderful time! It was great to spend the evening with family.
I love the 4th of July and I love to be reminded of the freedom we have and too often take for granted. We truly are blessed to live in the land of opportunity. I want to express my appreciation for the troops (past, present, and future) who have fought, are currently fighting, and those who will fight in the future to make sure that we always have our freedom! I'm so proud to be an American! God Bless America!!

1 comment:

Young family said...

Glad to hear you had a great 4th! And your zoo trip looked like a lot of fun! We wish we were closer.... happy summer!