Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chocolate Cake and... Milk??

I've been giving a lot of thought about Dad today. He would have been celebrating his 62nd birthday!! I often wonder what life would be like if he was still around. It was fun to talk about him with the kids and celebrate his birthday!

We didn't have any candles, so we "sprinkled" a 62 and sang Happy Birthday!!

I finally introduced the kids to the classic "Chocolate Cake and Milk" and explained that it was one of Grandpa Hal's favorites. Next year we'll have Root Beer Floats, another favorite.

This one reminds me of Grandpa Hal and how he was always so silly and goofy and making faces. Kristian is a sweetheart, and he is one to make you smile.

1 comment:

Young family said...

Love all your posts... I am glad you stole pictures from my blog, so you could blog our fun weekend too.
I believe Kristian has a little bit of Grandpa Hal in him... love his goofy face...