Monday, July 18, 2011

Swimming Fun

So, I have to share a funny story. Jon and I took the kids up to the Sandy Recreation Center so that we could swim. So, we're swimming and all of a sudden they blow the whistle and everyone gets out of the pool. I look at Jon and say : "What? Are they closed already? Why is everyone getting out of the pool?" ... he looked at me strange and said, "What do you mean, what are they doing? They always do this. Its a public pool."

Jon thought it was funny that I was so foreign to the idea that public pool takes breaks and makes everyone in the pool get out. Remember that I grew up using the private pool in Grandma and Grandpa's back yard!

Its now a joke.. "Us private pool kids don't know what its like to be in a public pool." I was slightly comforted when Aunt Jodi confessed that she only found this out a few years ago. Us "private pool kids" just don't know how it is!! Ha Ha!

Aunt Jodi came with us another time. Kids had so much fun!!

Cute little Addie bug playing in the fountains...

Here is Kristian about to get dumped on by this large yellow bucket that fills with water. Each time we go he gets more brave to let it splash all over him.

No comments: