Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving!

We were blessed this year to be able to journey to Wyoming and have Thanksgiving with my family. This year we did a combined dinner with several, but not all we able to attend, dinner with members of my Grandmas side of the family. This included cousins I haven't seen in many many years! All of my siblings were their with their families and that was so much fun. The kids had a blast playing with each other and I'm grateful for that opportunity. We stayed one night at my Moms and that was enough as my kids didn't sleep well, so neither did Mom or Dad.
The day of Thanksgiving was busy... the kids played well, but come dinner time Kristian threw the biggest fit of his his young life. He didn't want to stop playing and come sit down to eat. We took him to the car to get him calmed down, but the only thing that worked is the loving care of Aunt Jodi (thanks Aunt Jodi!!!) Love you! Finally calmed, he ate dinner then eagerly started back into playing with the other kids. After dinner we too joined in to see what the kids were doing. Little Addie was being adored by her slightly older girl cousins, when one of them went to give her a hug and they both toppled over. Yep.. our little Addison fell on her face and cut her upper lip open. Blood, tears, ... so much fun! Once we got her a little cleaned up and calmed down, we were able to give her some Tylenol then quickly decided that we'd had enough fun. We packed up the kids and headed home.


Because I brought my camera with me I inevitably forgot to get the darn thing out and actually use it. Therefore the only pictures I have are the two above,... of the kids in the car on our way to Grandma Jan's and Grandpa Brads house..



And these... this is once we finally got home. Our little Addison's fat lip from her oh so traumatic fall. At least she was smiling which meant she felt ok. Nothing life threating... just one of those things that happen.

4 comments:

Roll said...

Little Addie is still a doll with that big fat lip. Thanks for coming for Thanksgiving, sorry that your stay was so hard on your family. We love you all.

Young family said...

It was good to see you too. I am glad that Addison is smiling thru a fat lip...

Ben and Ash said...

I can't believe Addison is one. My boys will be one in a couple weeks. It is so crazy. Your kids are adorable by the way. Have a great Christmas!

Erickson Family said...

Hey guys we are setting our blog to private so send me your E-mail address so I can add you on mkerickson@hotmail.com