Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Nail Polish!

In the mornings when Kristian comes into the room, if Addison hasn't waken yet.. I turn on Elmo and go back to sleep! Usually he ends up turning on the lights, the ceiling fan, getting into the bathroom stuff, etc...and I'm up and going for the day!! Today however brought a new adventure. We started Elmo, and like always he watched about 15 minutes of it before getting bored and deciding he needed something more to do. I must have been more asleep than I thought because... I woke up to him saying "mom, mom, mom, mom...." He wanted to show me that he had used my pink fingernail polish to paint the carpet in my room! Yippie!! I had nail polish EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Of course I started to cry.. I cried, then Kristian cried because I think he knew I was upset at him and as I cried Cindy (my mother in law) called and I asked through the tears what could ever possibly get nail polish out of carpet! As I researched in on the internet I'd gotten out a bottle of rubbing alcohol that was one of the suggestions. Little did I realize Kristian had found it and quickly emptied the bottle on himself and on the carpet along side the polish! Stripped him down, put him in the tub and growled in frustration!!
I tried many many things, scrubbed, and cried some more. Finally with a little Goo Gone Extreme, Hairspray, Carpet cleaner, rubbing alcohol, oxyclean and muscle, I was able to get it out! What a way to start the morning!!

Lets not even mention the fact that I now win the "Mother of the Year Award" because in my initial frustration I may have, well I did say "s*#t" and therefore my little boy has a new word added to his vocabulary! Good Job Mom!!! I guess I'll have to find him something new to say to try and replace by wonderful influence.
Now I can only laugh and say that this is sure to be one of the many many adventures this little boy (these kids combined) will bring me.

3 comments:

Destini said...

I so feel your frustration, but nail polish is one that I have not had. Yet! How fun for you and what a way to wake up. :(

Young family said...

I am glad you were able to get the polish cleaned up. We have a polish spot on our bedroom too. Luckly it works out to have our cedar chest over it. It sounds like you have more child proofing to do.

The Brown Family said...

Oh dear! Tess isn't quite that daring...makes me wonder about Beckham though, haha.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has introduced lovely new words to my 2 year-old! I too have since figured out new words, haha
Good job Mandy, glad you got the polish out! Miss ya!